1. GENERAL GUIDELINES:
· Your Organization’s use of Live A Better Story content must comply with these guidelines and the applicable License Agreement. Capitalized terms in these guidelines are defined in the respective agreement.
· Access to and use of the Content and Trademarks is restricted to employees and volunteers of the subscribing Organization solely to conduct your Organization’s ministry program.
· Any Content which is not expressly designated by Live A Better Story as “editable” may not be revised or edited.
· POSTING ANY LIVE A BETTER STORY CONTENT, TRADEMARKS, OR ADAPTATIONS, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, ON UNSECURED OR PUBLIC WEB SITES (E.G. YOUTUBE) AND USE OF ANY LIVE A BETTER STORY CONTENT OR TRADEMARKS IN FOR-SALE OR COMMERCIAL PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND WILL AUTOMATICALLY VOID YOUR LICENSE.
2. DOWNLOADABLE TEXT AND IMAGES:
· Content may be reproduced and distributed only to employees, volunteers, and adults within the applicable ministry environment of your Organization during the Term set forth in the License Agreement.
· Content may be reproduced and distributed to your staff and volunteers through printed copies, email or recording to CD/DVD, provided copies are limited to the number reasonably necessary.
· If the Content includes any message scripts or message notes, no more than 100 words may be quoted directly without the prior written permission of reThink, and personal examples in the reThink message must be replaced with appropriate Organization examples. The Organization’s message, as adapted from the reThink message, may be performed solely on the Organization’s premises and may be promoted solely to the Organization’s membership, on the Organization’s premises, and on the Organization’s corporate website. Provided that the Organization complies with the above restrictions, the Organization may sell audio recordings of the Organization’s message internally to its membership and may live stream said recordings from its website, but may not podcast the message or distribute or sell the recordings in any way outside of the Organization’s premises or membership.
3. MUSIC/AUDIO AND VIDEO: Music/audio and video files posted by LABs for download as part of a License may be used by your Organization as follows during the License Term:
o Playback on Organization premises: unlimited
o Playback at Organizations Small Group Settings: unlimited
o Permission to transfer to MP3-enabled portable device for Organization use: unlimited when distributing to employees, volunteers and small group attendees that are a part of your church or organization. Any reproduction for commercial resale or distribution is strictly prohibited.
4. TRADEMARKS: Trademarks may be reproduced and displayed in connection with the environment and/or program in which you are using the corresponding curriculum under a current License or Plan. You agree to use the Trademarks in the form provided by reThink without alteration of any kind and to include the trademark notices (“™” or “®”) used by Live A Better Story with each display of the Trademarks. The trademark license does not include the right to use any Trademark in your Organization’s name, in the name of an Organization’s ministry or program, or in connection with a for-sale product or service offered by your Organization. Any use of a Trademark in text should be in ALL CAPS with the appropriate trademark notice (e.g. ®Live A Better Story). All use of the Trademarks must comply with the Live A Better Story trademark style guide as it may be revised from time to time.
5. The Organization agrees to cease all use of the Content and Trademarks upon expiration or termination of the applicable License or Plan. Additionally, all copies of Content accessed through the License or Plan and stored by the Organization on any hard drive or other storage device or in hard copy must be deleted or destroyed upon expiration or termination of the License or Plan.
6. It is your responsibility to inform each user of the restrictions applicable to use of the Content and Trademarks under these Usage Guidelines, and to enforce them.
[Updated April 25, 2017]